|News and Events||About COST Action MitoEAGLE||Working Groups||MiP/MitoEAGLE Traning School 2019 Coimbra PT||MitoEAGLE Task Group States and rates||Short-Term Scientific Missions||Inclusiveness Target Countries||Management Committee||Members|
- COST Action CA15203 MitoEAGLE
Evolution-Age-Gender-Lifestyle-Environment: mitochondrial fitness mapping
- COST Action CA15203 MitoEAGLE
MitoPedia topics: EAGLE
COST WG4: WG4
COST ECI: ECI
|Name||Komlòdi Timea, PhD|
Timea Komlòdi joined Oroboros in February 2017
and defended her PhD at Semmelweis University Budapest on 17th Jan 2019 - congratulations from the Oroboros-team!
|O2k-Network Lab||AT Innsbruck Oroboros, HU Budapest Tretter L|
Labels: Field of research: Basic
|Gnaiger 2019 MitoFit Preprint Arch||2019||Gnaiger E, Aasander Frostner E, Abdul Karim N, Abumrad NA, Acuna-Castroviejo D, Adiele RC, et al (2019) Mitochondrial respiratory states and rates. MitoFit Preprint Arch doi:10.26124/mitofit:190001.v2.|
|Mikulas 2018 Dent Mater||2018||Mikulás K, Hermann P, Gera I, Komlódi T, Horváth G, Ambrus A, Tretter L (2018) Triethylene glycol dimethacrylate impairs bioenergetic functions and induces oxidative stress in mitochondria via inhibiting respiratory Complex I. Dent Mater 34:e166-e181.|
|Komlodi 2018 Methods Mol Biol||2018||Komlodi T, Sobotka O, Krumschnabel G, Bezuidenhout N, Hiller E, Doerrier C, Gnaiger E (2018) Comparison of mitochondrial incubation media for measurement of respiration and hydrogen peroxide production. Methods Mol Biol 1782:137-55.|
|Komlodi 2018 J Bioenerg Biomembr||2018||Komlódi T, Geibl FF, Sassani M, Ambrus A, Tretter L (2018) Membrane potential and delta pH dependency of reverse electron transport-associated hydrogen peroxide production in brain and heart mitochondria. J Bioenerg Biomembr 10.1007/s10863-018-9766-8.|
|Komlodi 2017 Neuropharmacology||2017||Komlódi T, Tretter L (2017) Methylene blue stimulates substrate-level phosphorylation catalysed by succinyl-CoA ligase in the citric acid cycle. Neuropharmacology 123:287-98.|
|Koncsos 2016 Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol||2016||Koncsos G, Varga ZV, Baranyai T, Boengler K, Rohrbach S, Li L, Schlüter KD, Schreckenberg R, Radovits T, Oláh A, Mátyás C, Lux Á, Al-Khrasani M, Komlódi T, Bukosza N, Máthé D, Deres L, Barteková M, Rajtík T, Adameová A, Szigeti K, Hamar P, Helyes Z, Tretter L, Pacher P, Merkely B, Giricz Z, Schulz R, Ferdinandy P (2016) Diastolic dysfunction in prediabetic male rats: role of mitochondrial oxidative stress. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 311:H927-43.|
|Komlodi 2018 AussieMit||2018||Komlodi T, Hunger M, Moore AL, Gnaiger E (2018) Electron transfer at the Q-junction: new perspectives from combined measurement of mitochondrial O2 flux, H2O2 flux, and coenzyme Q redox state. AussieMit 2018 Melbourne AU.|
|Komlodi 2018b EBEC2018||2018||Endogenous quinones sustain NADH oxidation by Complex I during anoxia, supporting substrate-level phosphorylation in mouse liver mitochondria.|
|Huete-Ortega 2018 AlgaEurope2018||2018||Huete-Ortega M, Komlodi T, Pranger F, Gnaiger E (2018) High-resolution respirometry: new perspectives for the study of microalgae bioenergetics and applications in biotechnology. AlgaEurope2018.|
|Sobotka 2018 MiP2018||2018|
|Huete-Ortega 2018 MiPschool Tromso E2||2018|
|Chang 2018 Life Sciences Meeting 2018 Innsbruck AT||2018||pH dependence of mitochondrial respiration and H2O2 production in oral cancer cells – a pilot study.|
|Ravasz 2018 Abstract The evolving concept of mitochondria||2018||Vast pools of endogenous quinones sustain NADH oxidation by Complex I during anoxia, supporting substrate-level phosphorylation in mouse liver mitochondria|
|Komlodi 2018 EBEC2018||2018||Electron supply to the Q-junction: assessment of mitochondrial respiration, H2O2 flux and the redox state of the Q-pool.|
|Gnaiger 2018 AussieMit||2018||Komlodi T, Sobotka O, Doerrier C, Gnaiger E (2018) Mitochondrial H2O2 production is low under tissue normoxia but high at in-vitro air-level oxygen pressure - comparison of LEAK and OXPHOS states. AussieMit 2018 Melbourne AU.|
|Pereira da Silva Grilo da Silva 2018 MiP2018||2018|
|Komlodi 2017 MiPschool Obergurgl||2017|
|Komlodi 2017 MiP2017||2017|
|Komlodi 2017 Abstract MITOEAGLE Barcelona||2017|
|Sobotka 2017 MiPschool Obergurgl||2017|
|Komlodi 2016 Abstract IOC116||2016||Komlodi T, Geibl F, Sassani M, Adam-Vizi V, Tretter L (2016) The effect of ΔΨmt and ΔpH on mitochondrial reactive oxygen species production - A comparative study using mitochondria isolated from different mammalian tissues. Mitochondr Physiol Network 21.11|
|Meszaros 2014 Abstract MiP2014||2014||Methodological aspects of assessing mitochondrial function in small intestinal mucosal samples of rats and guinea pigs.|
|Komlodi 2014 Abstract MiP2014||2014||Methylenblue, an enhancer of mitochondrial substrate-level phosphorylation.|
|Tretter 2013 Abstract MiP2013||2013||Tretter L, Komlódi T, Ádám-Vizi V (2013) The effects of methylmalonic acid on alpha-ketoglutarate supported oxidation in isolated brain, heart and liver mitochondria. Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.08.|
MitoEAGLE Short-Term Scientific Mission
- Motivation letter
- I am writing this letter to apply for the Short-Term Scientific Mission (STSM) covered by MitoEAGLE–COST Action CA15203 (1st Call for STSM Applications).
- My name is Tímea Komlódi. I studied at Semmelweis University at the Faculty of Pharmacy. After graduation, in 2013, I started working as a PhD student at the Semmelweis University in the Department of Medical Biochemistry, Hungary.
- My main topic of interest is energy metabolism and mitochondrial homeostasis under physiological and pathological conditions. Our group focuses mainly on neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, which are attributed to mitochondrial dysfunction. I have experience in measurement of mitochondrial respiration, ATP synthesis, membrane potential, reactive oxygen species production and intra- and extramitochondrial pH detection.
- In the future I am planning to deepen my knowledge about mitochondria and to expand it towards cell lines. The STSM grant would give the opportunity to deal with mitochondrial physiology and cell lines at the Oroboros Instruments in Innsbruck. The focus of the STSM project is the standardization of protocols in mitochondrial respirometry which could contribute to the scientific objective of MitoEAGLE. During the 8-day STSM mission I could acquire new measurement protocols which could be applied in future projects. These are the planned program of the STSM mission: 1.) detection of reactive oxygen species production of permeabilized cells using fluorescent probes; 2.) determination of mitochondrial membrane potential with safranin, TMRM and TPP+; 3.) assessment of mitochondrial P/O ratio by measuring ATP levels fluorometrically.
- The STSM training would provide a platform for an international discussion and standardization of protocols, data and measurement techniques. Furthermore, the STSM project could be a basis of a flourishing cooperation with the Oroboros laboratory in Innsbruck in the near future.
- I would like to participate in the MitoEAGLE projects because it provides the opportunity to
- take part in data establishment and comparison of data between different research groups.
- Moreover, Oroboros laboratory would provide a platform with its instrumental background,with its protocols and with its international connections to the objectives and aim of MitoEAGLE.
- Motivation letter
- STSM request: download pdf
- Benefits for COST and for the COST Action MitoEAGLE
- During my PhD I worked with brain, heart and liver mitochondria isolated from guinea pig and in this summer I started to deal with cultured cell lines
- MitoEAGLE 2018 Innsbruck AT (local organizer)
- IOC134 Schroecken AT
- IOC133 Innsbruck AT
- IOC132 Budapest HU
- IOC127 Szeged HU
- MitoFit Workshop ATP 2017 Innsbruck AT
- MitoEAGLE 2017 Hradec Kralove CZ
- IOC124 Schroecken AT
- MiPschool 2017 Obergurgl AT
- MitoEAGLE 2017 Barcelona ES
- MiP2014 Obergurgl AT
- IOC116 Innsbruck AT
Visiting scientist in the Oroboros MitoFit Laboratory
- November 21 to 28 2016