Difference between revisions of "About Oroboros"
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
== Oroboros Instruments ==
== Oroboros Instruments ==
Revision as of 22:45, 14 June 2019
|Projects||MitoFit Open Seminars||Data protection declaration||Company history|
- Mitochondria and cell research
- Oroboros Instruments distributes the gold standard O2k-technology for high-resolution respirometry - HRR - world-wide. The Oroboros Company is a scientifically oriented organization, with emphasis on continuous innovation. The extension of the Oroboros O2k to the O2k-FluoRespirometer sets a new standard. Its modular design provides the flexibility for add-on O2k-Modules (see Oroboros O2k-Catalogue). The O2k is established internationally, with »3298 O2k-Publications in the scientific literature covering areas ranging from fundamental bioenergetics to the analysis of mitochondrial and metabolic diseases, advancing the rapidly growing field of preventive mitochondrial medicine. The Oroboros science team actively participates in science and research (see: publications). Moreover, the Oroboros MitoFit Laboratory and the MitoFit laboratory at the Medical University of Innsbruck (two labs - one team) frequently host international researchers (visiting scientists). Oroboros Instruments organizes international O2k-Workshops on a regular basis. The O2k-Network includes and connects 614 reference laboratories worldwide. The NextGen-O2k will extend HRR to include a Q-redox sensor and PhotoBiology module.
- Oroboros O2k represents the unique concept of the O2k-system for high-resolution respirometry (HRR). Our flagship is the O2k-FluoRespirometer for mitochondria and cell research. Considering mitochondria as the powerhouses of the cell, the O2k introduced the concept of cell ergometry. Explore the power of life with the O2k. Are your cells MitoFit?
- The O2k is applied world-wide in areas ranging from fundamental bioenergetics to the analysis of mitochondrial and metabolic diseases, advancing the rapidly growing field of preventive mitochondrial medicine. Mitochondrial fitness needs to be monitored in a variety of age-related health risks, including cardiovascular and degenerative diseases, such as type 2 diabetes, neurodegenerative diseases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s), and several types of cancer.
Oroboros MitoFit Laboratory
- The Oroboros O2k is based on a radically different systems approach to the polarographic measurement of oxygen dynamics. HRR rests on several tightly connected instrumental features and concepts integrated with the DatLab software, providing real-time display of oxygen concentration and respiration (oxygen flux) and fluorometric signals. The mechanics, critical selection of materials, and state-of-the-art electronics provide the basis of the signal stability of an optimized polarographic oxygen sensor and pre-calibrated Smart Fluo-Sensors in an electronically controlled thermal environment with high temperature stability. Calibrations and instrumental controls follow standard operating procedures, with highly automatic real-time analysis by the DatLab software. Scientific support is complementary to the Oroboros O2k approach.
- » MitoFit Open Seminars
- » Cell ergometry is a complete concept with elaborated protocols, to get started and gain competence in the expanding field of bioenergetics: » Blue Book 2014 - » O2k-Protocols.
- » Explore cell respiration and key mitochondrial functions: » HRR.
- » Introductory courses and advanced training: » Oroboros Events.
- » WorldWide distribution