D number is the unique code given for each SUIT protocol. In the same SUIT protocol family (SUIT-###), there might be different protocols, specifically designed for different sample type (e.g., different mitochondrial preparations) or for different applications (e.g., O2, AmR, Fluo, MgG). Since the use of different kinds of sample or application may result in slightly different steps, each protocol receives a different D-number.
D-number in the SUIT code
The D-number is shown at the end of the SUIT-code, e.g., SUIT-001_O2_mt_D001.
For a list of SUIT protocols sorted by D-number, see the list of SUIT protocols with D-numbers
Example of different D-numbers with the same SUIT-number
- The SUIT-001 family comprises different related protocols, each specifically designed for different sample preparations:
- SUIT-001 O2 mt D001 for the following mitochondrial preparations: isolated mitochondria, tissue homogenates and cells that were permeabilized previously to the addition to the chamber;
- SUIT-001 O2 pfi D002 for permeabilized fibers;
- SUIT-001 O2 ce-pce D003 for living cells (ce) that will be further permeabilized inside the chamber (pce), with addition of digitonin;
- SUIT-001 O2 ce-pce D004 for PBMCs and platelets, added in the chamber as living cells and further permeabilized inside the chamber.
MitoPedia concepts: SUIT concept