|Stellenbosch ZA, 2017 Jan 30-Feb 02. Enhancing physiological understanding of exercise and obesity: designing personalised intervention strategies.|
2017, ORO, IOC
- 2017 Jan 30 - Feb 02
- Winelands, Stellenbosch, South Africa
- During this event, the O2k-Workshop on high-resolution respirometry (HRR) takes place.
- Prof. Helen Griffiths - Aston University, UK
- Prof. Ben Loos - Stellenbosch University, ZA
- Prof. Sameh Ali - Zewail City of Science and Technology, EG
Invitation to Young Researchers
- Zewail City of Science and Technology invites interested young researchers from Egyptian universities, biomedical research institutes, and hospitals to apply for fully supported participation in a workshop to be held late January/early February, 2017 in South Africa. The workshop is the first milestone in an effort funded by the British Council to tackle the problem of Obesity in Egypt, South Africa, and the U.K. through collaborative basic and clinical research in the field of obesity and exercise research with particular emphasis on cutting-edge metabolic and imaging techniques. The workshop is concerned with “Enhancing physiological understanding of exercise and obesity: designing personalised intervention strategies” and aims at building a network of researchers and clinicians from the three countries to address the obesity challenge.
- An eligible candidate must be Ph.D./M.D. degree holder, younger than 40 years of age, and is currently affiliated as a faculty member in an Egyptian university or a biomedical research institute. Applicants should have clear track records of basic and/or clinical research in the fields of obesity, exercise medicine, diabetes, and/or metabolic disorders. Applicants must be able to communicate freely in English and legally eligible to apply for a travel visa to South Africa.
- Finalists will be invited for a personal interview and selected candidates will be notified before the end of November 2016.
Listed under MitoGlobal Events.