Garcia-Roves 2017 MITOEAGLE Obergurgl
Garcia-Roves PM (2017)
Event: MitoEAGLE Obergurgl 2017
MitoEAGLE working group 2 (WG2) has 5 major tasks :
- Call for participating labs to deliver relevant experimental data on already published studies and to report them in a standardized format.
- Collection and indexing of the data sets as required for statistical analysis.
- Discussion of procedures, protocols and general guidelines.
- Draft a comprehensive review on mt-function in muscle tissue (registration at PROSPERO, link with EQUATOR).
- Opening of the database to the research public for data search and moderated entry of new data sets.
During our meeting in Barcelona  we have the chance to discuss our tasks and define our working plan. Our main discussion was related to the complexity of bringing published data together. Mainly due to difference in the protocols used for sample preparation, different animal models and strains, different SUIT protocols - including different substrate concentrations. We have also learned during our meeting that data from several species are available: Human/ rat/ mice / horse/ dog/ turtle… Therefore, we decided to ask researchers interested to send a collection of the protocols commonly used in their labs in a standardized format. Once the information is collected analyzed and discussed the idea is to follow focusing on the most frequently used protocols, then collect raw data (according to species) (Task 2)
Participants at the WG2 meeting in Barcelona has also additional expectations: 1- Review about comparison among species; if we do not use these data, they may be useful for others. 2- Pinpoint mitochondrial defect as therapeutic target. 3- To go further or start scientific collaboration among participants. 4- Have the chance by meeting people of the WG to improve our current research. 5- Collaborative grant. 6- Circular XLS file with the topics of interest, technologies available etc.
During this presentation, I will give an update in data collection and open a discussion to organize future actions in WG2.
• Bioblast editor: Kandolf G • O2k-Network Lab: ES Barcelona Garcia-Roves PM
Event: A1, Oral
- Univ Barcelona, Fac Med Health Sciences, Dept Physiol Sciences; Bellvitge Biomedical Research Inst (IDIBELL) Barcelona, Spain.- [email protected]