(Redirected from Giovarelli M)
|News and Events||Working Groups||Short-Term Scientific Missions||Management Committee||Members|
COST Action CA15203 (2016-2021): MitoEAGLE
Evolution-Age-Gender-Lifestyle-Environment: mitochondrial fitness mapping
MitoPedia topics: EAGLE
COST WG2: WG2
COST ECI: ECI
|Name||Giovarelli Matteo, PhD|
|Institution||Unit of Clinical Pharmacology,
Department of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences,
"Luigi Sacco" University Hospital,
University of Milano, IT
|Address||Via GB Grassi 74, 20157|
|O2k-Network Lab||IT Milan Clementi E|
|Giovarelli 2021 Pharmacol Res||2021||Giovarelli M, Zecchini S, Catarinella G, Moscheni C, Sartori P, Barbieri C, Roux-Biejat P, Napoli A, Vantaggiato C, Cervia D, Perrotta C, Clementi E, Latella L, De Palma C (2021) Givinostat as metabolic enhancer reverting mitochondrial biogenesis deficit in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Pharmacol Res 170:105751.|
|BEC 2020.1 doi10.26124bec2020-0001.v1||2020||Gnaiger E et al ― MitoEAGLE Task Group (2020) Mitochondrial physiology. https://doi.org/10.26124/bec:2020-0001.v1|
|Pedrotti 2019 Sci Adv||2019||Pedrotti S, Caccia R, Neguembor MV, Garcia-Manteiga JM, Ferri G, de Palma C, Canu T, Giovarelli M, Marra P, Fiocchi A, Molineris I, Raso M, Sanvito F, Doglioni C, Esposito A, Clementi E, Gabellini D (2019) The Suv420h histone methyltransferases regulate PPAR-γ and energy expenditure in response to environmental stimuli. Sci Adv 5:eaav1472.|
|Pambianco 2016 Cell Rep||2016||Pambianco S, Giovarelli M, Perrotta C, Zecchini S, Cervia D3, Di Renzo I, Moscheni C, Ripolone M, Violano R, Moggio M, Bassi MT, Puri PL, Latella L, Clementi E, De Palma C (2016) Reversal of defective mitochondrial biogenesis in limb-girdle muscular dystrophy 2D by independent modulation of histone and PGC-1α acetylation. Cell Rep 17:3010-23.|
MitoEAGLE Short-Term Scientific Mission
- Work Plan summary
- 1. Aim and motivation: At present my lab (Pharmacology Lab-University of Milan) is working on skeletal muscle physiology and bioenergetics in the context of muscular dystrophies (with murine models, e.g. alpha sarcoglycan KO and mdx mice) and mitochondria-related muscle phenotypes (Drp1 overexpression and mitochondrial dynamics).
- Currently we are using two specific (standard) protocols with our O2k oxygraph for High Resolution Respirometry analyses using either permeabilized skeletal muscle bundles (from Tibialis Anterior, EDL, Gastrocnemius, Soleus, Quadricep and Diaphragm) or isolated mitochondria. Since the huge number of HRR protocols published over the years, the aim of my STSM consists in comparing my protocols with those used in the host lab in order to harmonize our procedures and, accordingly, to match experimental results. Another aim of my experience is, on the one hand, to share my expertise with the host lab, improving my personal skills, on the other hand to create a productive collaboration and to strengthen the relationship within MitoEAGLE network.
- 2. Proposed contribution to the scientific objectives of the Action: This project is in line with MitoEAGLE action to improve mitochondrial function knowledge and to share protocols and data within firstly the members and then with scientific community; in particular our aim is the interlaboratory comparisons of specific protocols, a critical issue in results interpretation.
- 3. Techniques: The project is based on the use of Oroboros O2k oxygraph for High Resolution Respirometry of cells and skeletal muscle fibers.
- 4. Planning: The one-month-plan shall include firstly a proficiency test (PT) including an instrumental background and an experiment (reference protocol RP1 and RP2) in HEK cells in order to access to host lab. Following the analysis step, I will work with permeabilized fibers; the plan is to prepare fibers and run a SUIT protocol in use in host lab with results in soleus to compare the fiber preparation. Then I will perform HRR experiments with the protocol for permeabilized fibers in use in my lab in Milan (same person, same protocol and sample in different labs) and then follow the protocol of host lab to see if we obtain the same results. This can fit in the generation of more data (interlaboratory comparisons) for muscle and it can be compare with data from other users. Last week has to be reserved for data analysis, make a report and present the results obtained.
- Work Plan summary
Visiting scientist in the Oroboros O2k-Laboratory
Matteo Giovarelli : Visiting scientist at the Oroboros O2k-Laboratory
- Feburary 05 to March 02 2017