Jump to navigation Jump to search
|News and Events||BEC 2020.1 Mitochondrial physiology||About COST Action MitoEAGLE||Working Groups||MitoEAGLE Summit||Short-Term Scientific Missions||Inclusiveness Target Countries||Management Committee||Members|
- COST Action CA15203 MitoEAGLE
Evolution-Age-Gender-Lifestyle-Environment: mitochondrial fitness mapping
- COST Action CA15203 MitoEAGLE
ECI organizers MiPschool 2017
- Brussels nomenclature and further details: ECI = Early Career Investigator
ECI meet the experts - round tables
- 45+45 min (sorry: this is not an SI unit) are scheduled for the after-dinner ECI round tables. You (ECI) may select two consecutive sessions with rotation.
- ECI participants can select groups (maximum of 5 ECI participants) with one targeted experienced scientist. This option gives the ECI the opportunity to communicate person-to-person in small groups: visions, reality, achievements, pitfalls, problems, questions - your research projects are center-stage. You will define the topics of the group by your choice of the expert. The ECI is the future expert.
- You (ECI) may summarize your project (5 min; use a piece of paper for drawing, no PowerPoint presentations). Do not be shy to raise problems you may have faced. Help the ECI-Forum to provide a platform for opinions and exchange of ideas. Perhaps you can post summaries on the ECI website.
- So far, you can choose between 8 groups each with one expert (alphabetical order):
- Pablo Garcia-Roves: Mitochondrial physiology - (skeletal) muscle
- Erich Gnaiger: Respiratory control, mitochondrial physiology, concepts and terminology, MitoEAGLE network
- Charles Hoppel: Mitochondrial diseases
- Pidder Jansen-Duerr: Cellular senescence and mitochondrial aspects of aging
- Werner Koopman: Live-cell bioenergetics: ROS, mitochondrial dynamics and morphology, calcium dynamics
- Hong Kyu Lee: Mitochondrial medicine: diabetes, obesity, metabolic syndrome
- Anthony Moore: electron transfer-pathway and redox changes
- Richard Porter: Mitochondria and cancer
- You may decide to 'open' another group.
- » More details on the expert's topics in the programme: MiPschool Obergurgl 2017
Invitation to the experts
- We are Luiz and Timea (working at Oroboros Instruments and the K-Regio MitoFit project) and are responsible for the organization of the Early Career Investigator (ECI)-Forum at the upcoming MiPschool 2017 in Obergurgl, which is scheduled for July 25th in the evening.
- Since you have tremendous expertise in the field of bioenergetics and are an invited lecturer for this event, we would like to invite you to be one of the group leaders for this forum.
- The idea: ‘Meet the expert’ – Round tables
- The participants (ECI) would be divided into small groups (with a maximum of 5 participants) with one group leader (professor or experienced supervisor) per table. This option would give the ECI the opportunity to speak in person in a small group about the pitfalls, problems and questions of their research project. The topic of the groups would be defined based on the interest and expertise of the group leader.
- The ECI would have the opportunity to speak about their project in 5 min (without any Powerpoint presentation) and the emphasis should be put on the problem what they have faced during the project related to the topic of the group – this could be beneficial for everyone. The idea behind the ECI-Forum is to provide a platform for new opinions and the exchange of ideas.
- Also for you as an expert, it is also a possibility that you come up with a problematic question, which could be interesting from your point of view and useful for the ECIs. Thereby everybody could reflect and share his/her own problem and opinion as well. - Of course, this is optional.
- There are 90 min scheduled for this evening session, starting after dinner. We would like to give the ECIs the opportunity for exchange with two experts, therefore, depending on the number of ECI participants one rotation will be suggested.
- Since the participants will be informed in advance by email about the ECI forum and have to register for the different groups, we would appreciate your feedback until Thursday evening – July 20th.
- We are looking forward to seeing you soon on the MiPschool in Obergurgl and joining us as a group leader in the ECI Forum.
- Yours sincerely,
- Luiz Felipe Garcia e Souza and Tímea Komlódi