Abstract: 15th MiP Conference: MitoEAGLE Summit (MC Meeting and MitoEAGLE WG), 2020 Nov 04-07, Obergurgl, Austria. - Tentative new date.
- The extension of the COST Action CA15203 until end of February 2021 has been approved. Extensions are limited to 6 months. We aim at the latest date available in Obergurgl (November), since international travel restrictions are still unpredictable.
- Updates on COVID-19 available here: Viruses and mitochondrial medicine
General information and important dates
- The MitoEAGLE Summit is focused on the achievements of the Working Groups. Specific sessions provide perspectives on project topics beyond the MitoEAGLE Action.
- Since our Cost Action MitoEAGLE is coming to an end, it is time to discuss new directions to support our mitochondrial network under the umbrella of the Mitochondrial Physiology Society.
- The accommodation will be booked by the local organizers. Choose your room in the registration form.
- 2020-01-14 to 17 Circular on MitoEAGLE Summit Obergurgl 2020 to MC Members and invited speakers
- 2020-01-24 Deadline for invited speakers for submission of tentative titles for oral and poster presentations
- 2020-01-27 General circular with preliminary list of speakers - Talk:MitoEAGLE Summit Obergurgl 2020
- 2020-05-11 Extension of the COST Action CA15203 until end of February 2021 has been approved. The following topics will be shifted in time:
- Deadline for MitoEAGLE grant applications with corresponding Abstracts for MitoEAGLE Summit Obergurgl 2020 and MiPschool Obergurgl 2020 (2020-08-14 Fr)
- Notification on MitoEAGLE reimbursement for MitoEAGLE Summit Obergurgl 2020 and MiPschool Obergurgl 2020 (2020-08-27 Th)
- Registration and late Abstract Deadline for MitoEAGLE Summit Obergurgl 2020 and MiPschool Obergurgl 2020 (2020-09-30 Fr)
- Notification to oral and poster presenters (original 2020-10-04 Mo)
- MitoEAGLE Summit (2020-11-04 to 07)
- Arrival/departure day (2020-11-08)
- MiP/MitoEAGLE Training School (2020-11-09 to 11)
- Departure day (2020-11-12)
- University Centre Obergurgl, Tyrol, Austria
- Number of participants restricted to 100
COST MitoEAGLE reimbursement
- 1. Eligibility: Participants from Inclusivness Target Countries, Early career investigators and participants from all COST countries and International Partner Countries can apply - MitoEAGLE network.
- 2. Priority will be given to members of Inclusiveness Target Countries, to participants with specific presentations and to participants who will attend the entire event (Conference and Working Group Meeting).
- 4. The COST MitoEAGLE reimbursement will cover the local costs and travel expenses.
» Notification on MitoEAGLE reimbursement will be given until August 27th.
Preliminary list of speakers
Acuna-Castroviejo D (University of Granada, ES)
Antunes D (Oroboros Instruments, AT)
Arnould T(University of Namur (UNamur), BE)
Ben-Shachar D (Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, IL)
Bishop DJ (Victoria University, AU)
Cardinale Daniele A (The Swedish School of Sport and Health Sciences, SE)
Cardoso LHD (Oroboros Instruments, AT)
Chakrabarti L (University of Nottingham, UK)
Coen PM (Florida Hospital/Sanford Burnham, US)
Di Marcello M (Oroboros Instruments, AT)
Doerrier C (Oroboros Instruments, AT)
Garcia-Roves Pablo M (University of Barcelona and Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute (IDIBELL), ES)
Garcia-Souza LF (Medical University of Innsbruck, AT)
Genova ML (University of Bologna, IT)
Gnaiger Erich (Oroboros Instruments, AT)
Harper ME (University of Ottawa, CA)
Iglesias-Gonzalez J (Oroboros Instruments, AT)
Jansen-Duerr P (University of Innsbruck, AT)
Komlodi T (Oroboros Instruments, AT)
Kruse C (University of Liège, BE)
Lalic N (Faculty of Medicine University of Belgrade, RS)
Lee HK(Eulji University College of Medicine, KR)
Molina AJA (University of San Diego, US)
Muntean DM ("Victor Babeș” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, RO)
Nehlin JO (Copenhagen University Hospital, DK)
Palmeira C (University of Coimbra, PT)
Pieroni L (Tor Vergata University , IT)
Pirkmajer S (Faculty of Medicine, SI)
Rattan SIS (Aarhus University, DK)
Rustan AC (University of Oslo,NO)
Schlattner U (Grenoble Alpes University, FR)
Turan B (Ankara University, TR)
Vella J (University of Malta, MT)
Votion DM (University of Liège, BE)
Zdrazilova L (Charles University, CZ)
- Mitochondrial respiratory fitness: Evolution-Age-Gender-Lifestyle-Environment
- Molina Anthony (US) Applying Bioenergetic Profiling to Human Cohort Studies
- Bishop David (AU) Optimising the exercise prescription to increase mitochondrial content and function
- Palmeira Carlos (PT) Modulation of complex I and oxidative capacity in cells under metabolic stress: a stairway to MitoFitness”
- Chakrabarti Lisa (UK) ‘Modulation of mitochondrial biochemistry and physiology through exercise – a comparative study
- Evolution, age, gender, lifestyle and environment – early aging and mitochondrial physiology in our obesogenic world
- Jansen-Duerr Pidder (AT) The role of mitochondria in ageing and cellular senescence
- Rattan Suresh (DK) Mitohormesis and mitohometins in healthy ageing
- Nehlin Jan (DK) Biomarkers of personalized recovery capacity in frail elderly multimorbid patients for improved prognostication in acute care
- Gnaiger Erich (AT) mitObesity and comorbidities: body mass excess - decline of mitochondrial fitness - mitochondria-targeted drugs
- Coen Paul (US) tba
- Mitochondrial respiratory control by metabolic channeling: Supercomplexes
- Enriques Tonio (ES) tba
- Genova Maria Luisa (IT) tba
- WG1: Standard operating procedures: protocols
- Sruti Shiva, Anthony Molina (US) Seahorse vs Oroboros in bioenergetic monitoring of blood cells and permeabilized muscle fibers
- Zdrazilova Lucie (CZ) High-resolution respirometry with a small-volume chamber and comparison with multi-well based oxygen flux in fibroblasts
- Acuna-Castroviejo Dario (ES) Skeletal muscle, analyzing age-dependent mitochondrial function and comparing isolated fibers with isolated mitochondria in Oroboros vs. Seahorse respirometers.
- Antunes Diana (AT) How can your mitochondria isolation greatly improve mitochondrial quality?
- Komlodi Timi (AT) Etomoxir: respirometric analysis of multiple inhibitory effects
- WG2: MitoEAGLE data repository on muscle tissues: skeletal and cardiac
- Garcia-Roves Pablo (ES) Generating reference values on mitochondrial respiration in permeabilized muscle fibers
- Doerrier C (AT) Human muscle study of WG2
- Prikmajer Sergej (SI) Effect of salicylate derivatives on AMPK, glucose uptake and mitochondrial respiration in skeletal muscle cells and skeletal muscle fibers
- Rustan Arild (NO) Muscle cells and regulation of energy metabolism
- WG3: MitoEAGLE data repository on other tissues
- Arnould Thierry (BE) Unraveling the role of Sirtuin 3 in the white adipogenesis by assessing its effects on mitochondrial respiration and metabolism
- WG4: MitoEAGLE data repository for blood cells and cultured cells
- Cardoso Luiza (AT) MitoEAGLE data repository for blood cells and cultured cells; or Control of mitochondrial respiratory capacity by ATP production: comparison of different cell lines
- Muntean Danina (RO) Assessment of placental and platelet mitochondrial dysfunction in preeclamptic pregnancies
- Votion Dominique and Caroline Kruse (BE) Isolation and cryopreservation of peripheral blood mononuclear cells for the purpose of mitochondrial functional analysis in horses (MitoEAGLE data repository for blood cells and cultured cells) Do peripheral blood mononuclear cells reflect mitochondrial muscle function in an equine model of environmental poisoning? MitoEAGLE data repository for blood cells and cultured cells) Specificities and peculiarities of the equine muscle mitochondrial function
- Garcia-Souza Luiz Felipe (AT) Assessment of cell viability via high-resolution respirometry
- Open Session (alphabetical)
- Ben-Shachar (IL) Mitochondria transplantation and its long term effects in-vitro and in-vivo or on a bottom-up effect of a CoI related transcript on mitochondrial function, neuronal differentiation
- Di Marcello M (AT) Oxygen kinetics of respiration in isolated mitochondria
- Lalic N (RS) Mitochondrial dysfunction in type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance: an update
- Pieroni Luisa (IT) Exploring mitochondrial proteome
- Schlattner Uwe (FR) ATP energy nanosensor
- Turan Belma (TR) Mitochondria-targeting antioxidants provide antiarrhythmic effect for maintenance of cardiac performance in the aged-mammalians through the maintenance of mitochondrial-Ca2+
- Vella Joanna (MT) Mitochondrial Disorders: Investigating mitochondrial complex 1 deficiency in cultured cells
Preliminary list of registered participants - alphabetical order
- late Abstract Deadline: 2020 September 30
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme supported by COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) under grant agreement No OC-2015-2-19984.
ORO, Next, 2020, MitoEAGLE, MiP, MitoGlobal
Listed under MitoGlobal Events.