Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Mitochondria and Cell Research - the Oroboros Ecosystem - cooperation and feedback in science
- The video support section describing several aspects of the O2k system is an incredible resource for users, and I would only suggest to add as many videos as possible. Definitively, we felt really comfortable following the videos and, in my opinion, it is one of the best sections in the website for users. - Timon-Gomez Alba, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, USA (2021)
- Thanks for helping us get the Oroboros unit. We're enjoying it so much we're considering buying a second unit to increase throughput. - Christopher Auger, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, USA (2021)
- The video support describing the technical aspects of operating and servicing the O2Ks are a fantastic resource for users. I have also used the troubleshooting flowchart to diagnose and self-service routine issues. The active user forums and O2k-Network serve as a rich source of protocols, shared knowledge, and information on all topics related to bioenergetics and mitochondria. - Timothy Koves, O2k-Network lab: US NC Durham Koves TR (2021)
- I provided my .dld files and my doubts were answered fast and clearly. - Tremblay Nelly , Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research, DE (2021)
- Our O2ks Rosie and Rupert (O2ks) returned to service today. The best kind of equipment is the reliable, robust, low maintenance kind. - Terri Pietka, O2k-Network lab: US MO St Louis Abumrad NA (2020)
- What I liked the most about the Virtual On-site Visit was the helpful disposition of the Oroboros Team. They made this course possible amidst the current situation (COVID-19). - Ayelen Melina Santamans Recchini, Spanish National Centre for Cardiovascular Research (CNIS), Spain (2020)
- "Instruments used to measure respiration in isolated mitochondria primarily include Oroboros O2k (Oroboros Instruments) and Seahorse XF Analyzers (Agilent). In the present review, the Oroboros O2k is primarily focused on because of its advantage in accuracy relative to Seahorse XF Analyzers which are designed for high-throughput qualitative measurements " (page 6). - Lewis MT, Kasper JD, Bazil JN, Frisbee JC, Wiseman RW (2019) Quantification of mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation in metabolic disease: application to Type 2 diabetes. Int J Mol Sci 20:5271. - »Bioblast link«
- "The O2k is working great – it truly is a workhorse that is very amenable to human subjects research." - Puskarich Michael A (2018).
- "The Oroboros high-resolution respirometer [...] can perform multiple injections sequentially for substrates and chemicals. This makes the Oroboros more flexible for comparison purposes." - Li Z, Gupte AA, Zhang A, Hamilton DJ (2017) Pet imaging and its application in cardiovascular diseases. Methodist Debakey Cardiovasc J 13:29-33.
- I wanted to let you know that I am so impressed with your group and their beneficial and fun activities. You seem to have developed a model organization. - James F Haney, Prof PhD, Department of Biological Sciences, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH 03824, USA (2017)
- Thanks for your incredible machines!! - Mike Ihnat, Associate Professor of Pharmacology, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences OU College of Pharmacy.
- Science would be more efficient if the Oroboros philosophy was applied in all domains. Thank you. - Participant of IOC115
- "High resolution designs (i.e., O2k, OROBOROS INSTRUMENTS) maximize respirometric sensitivity and precision (minimal O2 leak and highly sensitive electrodes), reducing the biological sample size required. Software advances in flux derivations of changes in chamber PO2 also permit real-time reporting of respiratory kinetics (Datlab, OROBOROS INSTRUMENTS), which improves data analyses over other systems requiring visual assessments of steady-state kinetics." - Perry CG, Kane DA, Lanza IR, Neufer PD (2013) Methods for assessing mitochondrial function in diabetes. Diabetes 62: 1041-53. » PMID: 23520284. O2k-Network Labs: CA Guelph Holloway GP, CA Toronto Perry CG, US NC Greenville Neufer PD, CA Antigonish Kane DA, US MN Rochester Nair KS (2013).
- We are so happy with the performance of our two Oroboros machines that we are considering buying a couple more. We tested permeabilized muscle fibers and liver samples, always obtaining an excellent performance. The resolution of the machines goes largely beyond my most optimistic expectations and, so far, I am very positively impressed with their accuracy and experimental possibilities! - Carlos Canto, O2k-Network Lab: CH Lausanne Canto C (2012).
- Thank you for creating such a wonderful apparatus, it made my work so much easier and much more fun. Thanks also for a great course in Schroecken in the spring of 2009, unforgettable! - Malou Friederich-Persson; DatLab is a fabulous software - so easy to use. - Frederik Palm, O2k-Network Lab: SE Uppsala Liss P (2012).
- ... For an independent perspective on the Oroboros O2k, we think they are fantastic, fullstop. We have had no real issues in almost four years. I started with the general system which requires water baths etc and really it was baptism of fire, and when we got the Oroboros O2k it was a different world. Our only issue now is we need more of them now. Perhaps the best part of our dealings with Oroboros is Erich's groups outstanding efforts to provide detailed methods and protocols for both the machines and experiments... . - Anthony JR Hickey, O2k-Network Lab: NZ Auckland Hickey AJ (2009).
- We continue to "spread the word" about the Oroboros with our colleagues at meetings and conferences. As with all quality products, I'm not surprised to hear that demand is steady, even in the face of economic hardships. Yours has the added benefit of sophisticated science and precision manufacturing, which exponentially increases its value. Darrell Neufer and I have a big paper being published in JCI on this upcoming Monday (on-line first). There is Oroboros data all over it. Many more papers are currently being written, as we've been using our O2k's at maximal capacity for the past two years! Would it be possible for you to send a small stack of your "Blue Book of Mitochondria" with the new O2k? It's really an invaluable resource for students and new people that join the lab. - Ethan J Anderson, O2k-Network Lab: US NC Greenville Anderson EJ (2009).
- Beyond the highlights » more O2k-Feedback