Abstract: Gradl L, Capek O, Doerrier C, Sigl R, Mészáros A, Gnaiger E (2017) DatLab 7: innovations. Mitochondr Physiol Network 21.16
DatLab 7 is the newly developed software for High-Resolution FluoRespirometry (HRFR) incorporating the legacy of previous DatLab versions and new, user-friendly features on quality control, documentation, and traceability of measurements with the Oroboros O2k.
• Keywords: DatLab
• O2k-Network Lab: AT_Innsbruck_Oroboros
Oroboros O2k data acquisition
- DatLab 7 is optimized for the new Oroboros O2k-Series H applications, and supports all configurations of the previous O2k-Series (A-G). At the heart of DatLab 7, a conceptual unification is obtained in calibrations and flux analysis of the O2k-FluoRespirometer channels (oxygen and fluorescence: H2O2, mitochondrial membrane potential, calcium, ATP) and add-on O2k-Modules (ion selective electrodes: TTP+ and pH; amperometric modules: nitric oxide or hydrogen suflide).
Display and graphs
- Graphs are further improved for real-time display and publication. Versatile options allow an optimal setup of the graphical display of data. Standard graph layouts are provided. Lab and User-defined graph layouts can be stored and organized to support specific applications.
Management of user accounts and experiments
- As a new feature, user accounts are assigned to each measurement for better traceability and customization. This facilitates the organization of experimental data and allows user-specific configurations in DatLab 7. A detailed description section, cohort, sample and subsample data in the “Sample” window improves organization and analysis of results.
- Besides keeping the flexibility to run user-defined experiments, DatLab 7 is now equipped with the new DL-Protocols feature. A collection of evaluated and tested DL-Protocols are available providing instructions for performing standardized experiments according to a selected substrate-uncoupler-inhibitor titration (SUIT) protocol or instrumental quality control protocols (calibration and instrumental background tests). The user is guided stepwise through the protocol (displayed in the DL-Protocol window), facilitating calibration steps, minimizing handling errors and greatly improving performance during O2k measurements. Moreover, an automatic warning at low oxygen levels can be set to remind the user to re-oxygenate the chamber in time. The DL-Protocol window displays the sequence of pre-programmed events with chemicals, titration volumes and corresponding final concentrations. These are saved automatically when the event is set. For protocol-specific marks the mark names are automatically assigned, with titration volumes which are used for calculation of sample dilution in analysis templates.
Events and marks
- Concentration and volume of the chemicals added during Substrate-uncoupler-inhibition-titration (SUIT) protocols can be stored together with event names and comments. Automatic outlier detection helps to avoid unwanted data points when setting marks during respiratory steady-states. On top the user has the option to delete, interpolate or restore data points of marks.
- Numerous statistical functions are available for data analysis. “Marks statistics” organizes the marks and provides flexibility in displaying DL-Protocol marks, user-defined marks or both. The copy-to-clipboard function, with extended settings for backward compatibility, facilitates export to any third-party analysis software.
- An Experimental log enables to view and generate detailed report of experimental-, software- and hardware settings for optimal tracking of each experiment.
- A hyperlink-based contextual help system provides optimal support throughout settings and experimental steps in DatLab 7. MitoPedia provides the background for this function, which warranties up-to-date and verified information anytime.
- The software-driven, feedback-controlled Titration-Injection microPump (TIP2k) is an integral part of the O2k. In DatLab 7 TIP2k control has improved and facilitates user friendly and more flexible programming.
Labels: MiParea: Instruments;methods
HRR: Oxygraph-2k, O2k-Protocol
O2k-Core, O2k-SOP, DL6, DL7, DL6a7, SeriesG, SeriesH