|News and Events||Working Groups||Short-Term Scientific Missions||Management Committee||Members|
COST Action CA15203 (2016-2021): MitoEAGLE
Evolution-Age-Gender-Lifestyle-Environment: mitochondrial fitness mapping
- COVID-19 measures - open letter to the COST officials in Brussles (2020-09-03):
- Since the lockdown we contacted the COST Officials with several suggestions to adapt our MitoEAGLE initiatives to the travel restrictions in order to reach our final goals (MoU). Invariably the answer was a bureaucratic “NO” without even attempting on any flexibility in the face of the COVID-19 crisis.
- We are embarrassed by the fact that the COST Action lacks any innovation potential to be responsive to the present challenges and support alternative strategies other than costs for large virtual meetings. In our attempt to organize the final MitoEAGLE Summit and MC Meeting with satellite Training School, we consider health safety first. PCR-testing as one of several safety precautions in the context of our meeting with a significantly reduced number of participants should be supported by COST, if we want to organize a scientific meeting at the highest level of quality control. We should set positive examples for organizers of other (including non-scientific) events. Why does COST deny to support us in these aims — within the approved budget?
- We thank you very much for your support and will send an update on the MitoEAGLE Summit and Training School by separate email.
- With kind regards,
- Erich Gnaiger
- COST Action CA15203 MitoEAGLE
- T +43 512 566796 15, F +43 512 566796 20
- [email protected] | www.mitoeagle.org
- The extension of the COST Action CA15203 until end of February 2021 has been approved. Extensions are limited to 6 months.
- New reimbursement rules coming into effect on 1 May 2020: download here
MitoFit Preprints - the Open Access preprint server for mitochondrial physiology and bioenergetics
- Open Science - from Preprints to open peer review
MitoEAGLE time schedule - how it flies
- This is the roadmap of the project; yet the expression "how it flies" belongs to EAGLE.
Chronological list of MitoEAGLE Events
|GP||GP time span||MC Meeting||Work and Budget Plan||STSM application deadline 1st Call||STSM application deadline 2nd Call||STSM time span||STSM final report deadline|
|2016-09-12||Brussels, BE 2016-09-12|
|1||2016-11-01 to 2017-04-30||Barcelona, ES 2017-03-21||WBP 1||2016-11-01||2016-11-20 to 2017-03-25||2017-04-25|
|2||2017-05-01 to 2018-04-30||Hradec Králové, CZ 2017-11-15||WBP 2||2017-05-13||2017-09-28||2017-06-01 to 2017-10-31
2017-11-01 to 2018-03-25
|3||2018-05-01 to 2019-04-30||Jurmala, LV 2018-09-18||WBP3.1/WBP3.2||-||2019-02-28||2018-05-15 to 2019-03-25||
|4||2019-05-01 to 2020-04-30||Belgrade, RS 2018-10-13||WBP 4.1||-||2020-02-29||2019-05-01 to 2020-03-25||2020-04-25|
|5||2020-05-01 to 2021-02-28||Obergurgl, AT 2020||WBP 5||-||2020-12-01||2020-05-01 to 2020-12-01||2020-01-01|
Acknowledgements: Contributions to COST Action MitoEAGLE
- Use this sentence: This publication is based upon work from COST Action CA15203 MitoEAGLE, supported by COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology)
- Use this logo: COST logo and MitoEAGLE
Upper left row: Shao-Chiang Chang, Ernesto Alfaro-Moreno, Luiz F Garcia-Souza, Erich Gnaiger, Johnny Stiban, Melanie Schartner, Eskil Elmér, Beata Cizmarova, Michael Karlsson, Anthony Molina, Johannes Ehinger, Fredrik Sjövall. Middle row: Slawomir Michalak, Basak Engin, Elisa Calabria, Carmina Silaidos, Zuzana Sumbalova, Vlad Avram, Imen Chamkha. Lower row: Cezary Watala, Joanna Rybacka-Mossakowska, Gloria Keppner, Eleonor Åsander Frostner, Chiara Volani, Magdalena Labienec-Watala, Karolina Siewiera, Sarah Piel