|News and Events||Working Groups||Short-Term Scientific Missions||Management Committee||Members|
COST Action CA15203 (2016-2021): MitoEAGLE
Evolution-Age-Gender-Lifestyle-Environment: mitochondrial fitness mapping
- Project extension request - open letter to the COST officials in Brussles (2021-02-08):
- Dear representatives of the COST Association:
- Academic institutions have been and are under stress since March 2020. Particularly collaborative projects have been put on hold due to COVID19 restrictions. Priorities have changed. This has prevented further progress in CA15203 and prevents completion of our promising plans, if the Grant Period of this Action cannot be extended to resume and finalize our collaborative activities after the lockdown persisting in many countries. This would entail a highly efficient use of the remaining CA15203 grant money and reduce the damage caused by the pandemic.
- Initial collaborations in the MitoEAGLE Action have been published very successfully, particularly:
- > Gnaiger E et al ― MitoEAGLE Task Group (2020) Mitochondrial physiology. Bioenerg Commun 2020.1. doi:10.26124/bec:2020-0001.v1 – 666 coauthors, 44 pages.
- But several ongoing tasks have been interrupted, and significant efforts would be wasted without the option to use the budget for finalizing the experimental collaborations (in workshops and STSMs) and corresponding manuscripts in preparation. Only an extension of the period for using the GP5 budget beyond the pandemic restrictions can ensure that the MitoEAGLE Action will be brought to a successful end, instead of phasing out with mere frustration in the most productive period.
- We are contacting you as a follow-up to our request for an extension beyond Feb 2021. After the realization that an on-site meeting will not be possible in Jan/Feb 2021, we intended to switch to an virtual meeting. But, at this point it is not efficient to organize the MitoEAGLE Summit, since planned experiments needed for the finalization of manuscripts had to be postponed. Hence, after the successful meeting in Belgrade in Oct 2019 (https://www.mitoeagle.org/index.php/MiP2019/MitoEAGLE_Belgrade_RS ) little progress would be presented at an online event by Feb 2021. Attendance would be minimal, with many frustrated faces.
- This is why we urgently request a significant extension of the Grant Period 5 of CA15203 MitoEAGLE, without any change in the budget. Important initiatives of the EU try to reduce the damage caused by the pandemic at great cost. An unbureaucratic extension of our COST Action would prevent a lot of damage at no additional cost.
- Our more than 900 project members (https://www.mitoeagle.org/index.php/MitoEAGLE_network) would appreciate a positive and immediate decision by the COST Association.
- With kind regards,
- Erich Gnaiger, Ph.D.
- Project extension request - answer of the COST officials in Brussles (2021-02-22):
- Dear Erich,
- I regret to inform you that since CA15203 already benefitted from an extension, an additional prolongation of the Action is not possible despite the impact the pandemic is having on our societies. The reason is that per the COST Association rules, COST Actions can be extended for a maximum of 6 months (COST Action Management, Monitoring and Final Assessment (COST 134/14; http://www.cost.eu/action_management)).
- Kind regards,
- Dr Federica Ortelli | Science Officer
- COST Association | Avenue du Boulevard - Bolwerklaan 21,
- 1210 Brussels | Belgium
MitoFit Preprints - the Open Access preprint server for mitochondrial physiology and bioenergetics
- Open Science - from Preprints to open peer review
MitoEAGLE time schedule - how it flies
- This is the roadmap of the project; yet the expression "how it flies" belongs to EAGLE.
Chronological list of MitoEAGLE Events
|GP||GP time span||MC Meeting||Work and Budget Plan||STSM application deadline 1st Call||STSM application deadline 2nd Call||STSM time span||STSM final report deadline|
|2016-09-12||Brussels, BE 2016-09-12|
|1||2016-11-01 to 2017-04-30||Barcelona, ES 2017-03-21||WBP 1||2016-11-01||2016-11-20 to 2017-03-25||2017-04-25|
|2||2017-05-01 to 2018-04-30||Hradec Králové, CZ 2017-11-15||WBP 2||2017-05-13||2017-09-28||2017-06-01 to 2017-10-31
2017-11-01 to 2018-03-25
|3||2018-05-01 to 2019-04-30||Jurmala, LV 2018-09-18||WBP3.1/WBP3.2||-||2019-02-28||2018-05-15 to 2019-03-25||
|4||2019-05-01 to 2020-04-30||Belgrade, RS 2018-10-13||WBP 4.1||-||2020-02-29||2019-05-01 to 2020-03-25||2020-04-25|
|5||2020-05-01 to 2021-02-28||Obergurgl, AT 2020||WBP 5||-||2020-12-01||2020-05-01 to 2020-12-01||2020-01-01|
Acknowledgements: Contributions to COST Action MitoEAGLE
- Use this sentence: This publication is based upon work from COST Action CA15203 MitoEAGLE, supported by COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology)
- Use this logo: COST logo and MitoEAGLE
Upper left row: Shao-Chiang Chang, Ernesto Alfaro-Moreno, Luiz F Garcia-Souza, Erich Gnaiger, Johnny Stiban, Melanie Schartner, Eskil Elmér, Beata Cizmarova, Michael Karlsson, Anthony Molina, Johannes Ehinger, Fredrik Sjövall. Middle row: Slawomir Michalak, Basak Engin, Elisa Calabria, Carmina Silaidos, Zuzana Sumbalova, Vlad Avram, Imen Chamkha. Lower row: Cezary Watala, Joanna Rybacka-Mossakowska, Gloria Keppner, Eleonor Åsander Frostner, Chiara Volani, Magdalena Labienec-Watala, Karolina Siewiera, Sarah Piel