Obergurgl AT, 2013 Sep 19-23, OROBOROS O2k-Workshop on O2k-Fluorometry, IOC79 at MiP2013.
Oroboros (2013-09-19) Mitochondr Physiol Network
O2k-Workshop on High-Resolution Respirometry: O2k-Fluorometry. Obergurgl, Tyrol, Austria; 2013 September 19 to 23. Satellite to MiP2013.
• O2k-Network Lab: AT_Innsbruck_Oroboros, AT Innsbruck MitoCom
Labels: MiParea: Instruments;methods
ORO, IOC, 2013
Team and guest tutors
- Gnaiger Erich, CEO, Oroboros Instruments and Medical University of Innsbruck, D. Swarovski Research Laboratory
- Laner Verena, Chief Operating Officer (COO), Oroboros Instruments
- Fasching Mario, Oroboros Instruments
- Fontana-Ayoub Mona, BMA, Oroboros Instruments
- Pesta Dominik, US_CT New Haven_Pesta D: Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine
- Garcia-Roves Pablo Miguel, O2k-Network Lab: ES Barcelona Garcia-Roves PM
|Bajzikova Martina||CZ Prague Neuzil J: Institute of Biotechnology, Academy of Sciences, Prague (CZ)|
|Bir Aritri||IN Haldia Chakrabarti S: Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Post-graduate Medical Education & Research (IN)|
|Breen Laura||IE Dublin O Gorman D: National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology (NICB), Dublin City University (IE)|
|Cavalcanti de Albuquerque Joao Paulo||BR Rio de Janeiro Galina A: Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (BR)|
|Chicco Adam J||US CO Fort Collins Chicco AJ: Department of Health and Exercise Science, Colorado State University (US)|
|Chung Dillon J||CA Vancouver Richards JG: Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia (CA)|
|Crandall Amy||US UT Provo Hancock CR: Eyring Science Center, Brigham Young University (US)|
|Galli Gina LJ||UK Manchester Galli GL: Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester (UK)|
|Heidler Juliana||JW-Goethe University: Molecular Hematology, Frankfurt (DE)|
|Hey-Mogensen Martin||DK Malov Hey-Mogensen M: Diabetes NBEs & Obesity Biology, Novo Nordisk A/S (DK)|
|Hostrup Molten Nielsen||University of Copenhagen: Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports (DK)|
|Irving Brian A||US PA Danville Irving BA: Obesity Institute, Geisinger Health System (US)|
|Klamt Fabio||BR Porto Alegre Klamt F: Instituto de Ciências Básicas da Saúde, Departamento de Bioquímica, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (BR)|
|Kutschke Maria||DE Munich Jastroch M: Institute for Diabetes and Obesity, Helmholtz Zentrum München (DE)|
|Kressig Franz||DE Giessen Weissmann N: ECCPS, Justus-Liebig-University, Giessen (DE)|
|Larsen Filip J||SE Stockholm Larsen FJ: GIH Swedish School of Sport and Health Sciences (SE)|
|Meszaros Andras||HU Szeged Boros M: Institute of Surgical Research, School of Medicine, University of Szeged (HU)|
|Nowikovsky Karin||Medizinische Universität Wien (AT)|
|Oelkrug Rebecca||DE Bonn Pfeifer A: Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Biomedical Center, University Bonn (DE)|
|Chowdhury Subir Kumar||CA Winnipeg Fernyhough P: Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Manitoba (CA)|
|Scott Graham R||CA Hamilton Scott GR: Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton (CA)|
|Shabalina Irina G||SE Stockholm Nedergaard J: The Wenner-Gren Institute, Stockholm University (SE)|
|Sonkar Vijay K||IN Varanasi Dash D: Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (IN)|
|Sparks Lauren M||US FL Orlando Sparks LM: Translational Research Institute for Metabolism and Diabetes (US)|
Hot topics in mitochondrial physiology - abstracts
|Bajzikova 2013 Abstract IOC79||Bajzikova M (2013) Mitochondrially targeted vitamin E succinate and its effects on mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation system. Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.07.|
|Klamt 2013 Abstract IOC79||Klamt F (2013) Differences in basal mitochondrial respiratory parameters and reactive species generation between the cholinergic, dopaminergic and tumoral phenotypes of SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cell line. Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.07.|
|Shabalina 2013 Abstract IOC79||Shabalina IG (2013) Enhanced Complex I but low Complex II substrate-derived ROS production rates in mice, prematurely aging due to enhanced mitochondrial DNA mutation rate. Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.07|
|Cavalcanti de Albuquerque 2013 Abstract IOC79||Cavalcanti de Albuquerque JP (2013) Skeletal muscle mitochondrial function in ovariectomized rats: A time course study and the role of estrogen replacement. Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.07|
|Chicco 2013 Abstract IOC79||Chicco AJ (2013) Substrate-specific impairment of oxidative phosphorylation in Tafazzin-deficient cardiac mitochondria: potential role of CoA deficiency. Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.07|
|Kressig 2013 Abstract IOC79||Kressig F (2013) et al. Mechanism of increased pulmonary vascular remodeling in UCP2 k/o mice. Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.07|
|... further results|
- O2k-Fluorescence: H2O2 production in brain mitochondria
- O2k-Fluorescence LED2-Module: Manual
- O2k-Fluorescence LED2-Module
- This workshop is a component of the K-Regio project MitoCom Tyrol.
- Thanks very much for an excellent O2k-fluorometry workshop and all your team's insights on the application, validation, and future development of this exciting new technology. I look forward to applying these methods in my lab toward a more integrative assessment of mitochondrial physiology in our research. - Adam Chicco, MiPNet Lab: US_CO_Fort_Collins_Chicco_AJ.
- It was a pleasure to be part of the OROBOROS IOC79 workshop and the MiP2013 conference last week. Congratulations to you an Erich for a fantastic organization. - Pablo M Garcia-Roves, MiPNet Lab: ES_Barcelona_Garcia-Roves_PM.
- I'd like to thank you for hosting a great workshop on high resolution respirometry and fluorometry. I had a fantastic time and learned a lot - about both mitochondrial physiology and Austrian Schnapps! The Comparative Mitochondrial Physiology conference was also a blast. Your hard work is much appreciated. - Graham R Scott, MiPNet Lab: CA_Hamilton_Scott_GR.
- Die Staaten haben mich wieder. Nochmals vielen Dank fuer die Teilnahme an dem tollen Workshop und der hochkaraetigen Konferenz! Was really great to catch up with the nice MiP-family at such a great venue! - Dominik Pesta, MiPNet Labs: AT Innsbruck Burtscher M, AT Innsbruck Oroboros.
- Just wanted to thank you so much for a fantastic course and such beautiful surroundings. I learnt so much and I’ll look forward to working with you again in the future. - Gina Galli, MiPNet Labs: CA Vancouver Richards JG, UK Manchester Galli GL.
- It was my first meeting outside from India,I will never forget the time which I spent during the workshop and MiP2013 with the participants and with your team especially Dr. Gnaiger. - Vinjay K Sonkar, MiPNet Lab: IN_Varanasi_Dash_D.
- MiP and workshop,both were awsome,my lifetime memories. - Aritri Bir, MiPNet Lab: IN_Kolkata_Chakrabarti_S.
- Innsbruck Airport (INN)
- Munich Airport (MUC)
- Salzburg Airport (SZG)
Group bus transfer to Obergurgl:
The bus transfer between Innsbruck and Obergurgl and back will be arranged by Oroboros Instruments Corp. Bus departure from Innsbruck on 19th September:
- Innsbruck train station: 3pm
- Innsbruck Airport: 3.30pm
Bus departure from Obergurgl on 23rd September: 9am. Arrival in Innsbruck at the airport and train station around 12 noon.
Transfer between Munich/Salzburg and Innsbruck:
- For train connections between Munich/Salzburg and Innsbruck, please see: http://www.oebb.at (Austrian Railway).
- In order to book an airport shuttle, please visit the website: http://www.tirol-taxi.at